Bring your story idea to Pitch Slam 2018, where you can present it to a panel of editors and get immediate feedback on how to make the story work for the editors' publications. Editors will start by providing a tour of their publications and what they look for in pitches. Members of the audience will then step up to a microphone one by one, and pitch their ideas. The whole audience will hear the panel of editors react to each pitch. This is a great way to get to know editors and gain an understanding of how they, and their publications, approach stories.
Social media hashtag: #PitchSlam2018
- Saturday, October 13th, 3:45 pm to 5:00 pmAdd to Calendar
- Lisner Auditorium
- Ross AndersenSenior editor, The Atlantic, Washington, D.C.
- Allison EckDigital editor, NOVA, Boston, MA
- Victoria JaggardSenior director, science & innovation, National Geographic, Washington, D.C.
- Jane J. LeeNews editor, Americas, Nature, Washington, D.C.
- Michael MoyerDeputy editor, Quanta magazine, New York, N.Y.
- Cori VanchieriFeatures editor, Science News, Washington, D.C.
- Corinna WuSenior editor, Chemical & Engineering News, Washington, D.C.
- Douglas FoxFreelance writer, freelance, Alameda, Calif.